Tuesday 12 June 2012

Rekindling My Love for Moonbeam

I love highlighting. I'm pretty sure all you ladies out there do so to. It just brightens up not only my face but also my mood just by applying some highlighter to my cheekbones. During the day, i tend to not go the shimmery/glittery route but rather i prefer a more " I'm glowing and luminous" kinda look. 

Now i know i have talked about my recent love Mac Cream Colorbase in Hush quite a bit on my blog but recently while shopping my stash, I rekindled my love with Benefits Moon Beam which believe it or not was the first highlight I ever purchased. 


I remember the SA steering me to this as HighBeam was a teensy bit more pink for my liking and it was instant love.  It's definitely the most used highlight out of all the ones i own.
 Now liquid highlighters can be a little funny sometimes, how you ask? Well, as i apply it post foundation and blush routine i find  it tends to remove or rather slide some of my base makeup away. So the trick i found has been to pat it onto the skin which will gradually blend it evenly leaving a gorgeous sheen to the skin. 


Subtle yet gorgeous, what are your favourite highlighting products?

7 comments:

  1. Oooh moonbeam looks really nice. I have hi beam, watts up and sample size of girl meets pearl. I guess my fav has to be watts up. Love it's subtle glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i swatched watt up recently and i have to say it is very pretty, question is do i really need anymore highlighters lol

      Delete
  2. It indeed seems like a pretty highlight. Does it give that glowy look too? I usually like to highlight my upper cheeks but finding such pretty highlight is quite difficult for me. :( xoxo! ^_^
    Indira from cherietmoi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it gives a subtle glow, i like to think that i have a luminous look when i have it on;)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried Moonbeam, but I love High Beam. I used to dot that on my cheekbones and blend it in, but it was a bit heavy on me. Now I use a stippling brush and sort of sweep it from side to side rapidly over my cheekbones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so lazy when it comes to using brushes, i love using my fingers to do the job but might give the stippling brush technique a try, thanks:)

      Delete
    2. Hi thanks for sharing the beauty information Services.

      Delete